The BWL is scheduled to conduct water system maintenance and testing in several areas of our system beginning Tuesday, March 24 through Friday, March 27.
The general boundaries of the area to be tested are:
- North Cambridge between Nottingham and Westgate
- Collins Road between Forest and Jolly
- Manley Drive between Forest and Wabash
- Sunnyside between Mt Hope and Pacific
- Forest Ave between Mt Hope and Rockford
- Denver between Everett and Cedar
- Viking between Dunlap and Holmes
- Luanna between Aurelius and Solomon
- Palmer between Jolly and Beechwood
- Pierce between Christiansen and Martin Luther King Blvd
The water main maintenance and testing may result in short periods of time (less than 15 minutes) in which customers may experience fluctuations in water pressure and changes in water clarity during testing. Water will clear and pressure will return to normal shortly after each test. The procedure will take place between 8am and 3pm.
Once testing has been completed, customers experiencing water quality issues are advised to run a small stream of cold water until the water runs clear. The procedure has no effect on the water’s safety for drinking or other uses.
Customers in the affected area can call (517) 702-6490 with questions or concerns.