The University Motor Mall has generously donated an ASC certified used car valued at $5,000 to be raffled off at our 20th Anniversary BWL Chili Cook Off June 5, 2015. Tickets will be available for sale prior to the event at the Impression 5 Science Center and the BWL Customer Service Center. Of course they will be available at the BWL Chili Cook Off during the event while quantities last! Only 2,500 tickets printed! Drawing will be held at 8pm, Friday June 5, 2015 on stage at our 20th anniversary Chili Cook Off and you do not need to be present to win. Winner will claim the “Mystery” vehicle at the University Motor Mall within 60 days following the drawing and will be responsible to pay for the tax, title, registration, and document fee for the vehicle, and must be eligible to own and operate a motor vehicle in the state of Michigan. Winner will need to provide valid driver’s license and proof of insurance and grant permission to University Motor Mall to use their image in future advertising.
No minimum number of tickets to be sold… THERE WILL BE A WINNER!
Ticket cost: $5
ALL proceeds of this raffle go directly to the Impression 5 Science Center.
What you’ll win: A used vehicle with a retail value of $5,000. The vehicle will be certified safe and reliable by an ASE certified mechanic.
What you’ll need to claim you vehicle: Valid driver’s license and proof of Insurance, payment of vehicle tax, title transfer, vehicle registration, and dealer document fee.
Impression 5 Science Center Mystery Machine Car Raffle
License # R31899
Effective: May 15, 2015
Drawing: June 5, 2015, 8pm @ Adado River Front Park, BWL Chili Cook Off
These House Rules, govern the raffle by the Impression 5 Science Center (I5) to be held on June 5, 2015 in which the prize is a certified used car valued at $5,000. By buying a raffle ticket, each ticket buyer agrees to the following:
- Each ticket costs $5.
- Each ticket buyer and ticket seller must be 18 years of age or older. The winner may have to show proof of age to claim the prize.
- The net proceeds from the sale of tickets, after paying expenses, will benefit the Impression 5 Science Center.
- The Prize will be an ASC certified used car provided by the University Motor Mall and will have a retail value of approximately $5,000. The vehicle provided will be determined by the University Motor Mall.
- Winner must be 18 years old, legally eligible to own, title, and operate a vehicle in the State of Michigan. Non-US residents may not be able to title this vehicle in the US.
- Due to State of Michigan restrictions, raffle tickets cannot be sold or purchased through the internet.
- Due to postal regulations, raffle tickets and stubs and the payment for raffle tickets cannot be sent by US mail.
- The raffle drawing will be held at the 20th Annual BWL Chili Cook Off, located at Adado River Front Park, Friday June 5, 2015, at approximately 8pm.
- The winner will be determined by the first ticket stub drawn from the drum. The winner does not have to be present to win. If the winner is not present at the drawing, I5 personnel will attempt to contact him or her by using the information provided on the ticket stub. If the winner cannot be located by the I5 within sixty (60) days following the drawing, then the I5 will hold a new drawing as described below.
- In order to claim the vehicle, the winner agrees to do the following within sixty (60) days following the drawing :
- pay to the University Motor Mall, sales tax on the cost of the vehicle, State of Michigan title fee, registration fee, and document fee.
- provide I5 with his or her name, address and social security number and supporting materials, like driver's license and social security card, to verify that this information is correct. One piece of identification must contain a photo to prove that the person claiming the prize is the person who is named on the winning ticket;
- sign the form W2-G (or Form 1042 if the winner is a nonresident alien) and any other forms which I5 determines are needed.
- If within sixty (60) days from the date of the drawing the above-requirements are not met (i) the winner forfeits all rights to claim the vehicle and will have no right to any other prize or to receive any compensation or damages from I5 as a result of such forfeiture; and (ii) a new drawing will be held within fourteen (14) days following the expiration of the 60 day time period to determine a new winner, with this drawing being made from the tickets used in the original drawing for the used vehicle. Any new winner will be subject to these same restrictions. No refunds will be made if a new drawing is held.
- In addition to paying income tax withholding, as described above, the winner will be solely responsible for all taxes, fees and expenses to claim, title, register and claim the vehicle, including sales and use tax, registration fees, title fees, transfer fees, license fees, dealer document fee, and insurance. I5 has no liability for paying any taxes, fees and expenses relating to the vehicle.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph and video likeness and statements for publicity purposes by I5 and the University Motor Mall and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.