Understanding Your Service Bill
For a detailed explanation of each section in a standard service bill, please see our breakdown below. You may also view a PDF example of a standard electrical service bill.
1. BWL Emergency and Customer Service Contact Information
2. Your BWL account number, the date the statement was printed, the due date of the statement and the total dollar amount due for this statement.
3. How much was owed last month for utility service, how much was paid last month and any remaining balance owed before this month’s bill was calculated.
4. The address where utility service was delivered, the type of service(s) delivered and a summary of the charges for each service.
5. The total amount owed on the account.
6. Check this box if you would like to join our Pennies for Power program. Once enrolled, we will round-up your current utility bill to the next whole dollar each month and apply the change to a fund that provides utility shut-off protection for customers in need.
7. The customer’s name and mailing address where the bill was mailed.
8. A summary of the current statement, including the customer’s BWL account number, the date the bill was printed, the due date of the bill and the total dollar amount due.
9. Information about the meter and meter reading used to calculate your bill. This section also indicates if the meter read used to calculate your bill was an actual read or an estimated read.
In the “Read Type” box, a value of “Act” indicates the meter reading was an actual read. A value of “Est” indicates the meter reading was estimated.
10. Each charge associated with the service provided for the billing period. A detailed description of each charge can be found on the back of the bill.
11. The subtotal due for each service.