Community Resource Fairs
The Lansing Board of Water & Light and over a dozen local partners have hosted four rounds of Community Resource Fairs since 2021 at various community centers throughout Lansing. The goal has been to connect BWL residential customers and greater Lansing residents behind on bills to information on resources and financial assistance per available funding and eligibility.
Here is a full list of community partners from the resource fairs. Please reach out directly to them on inquiries for resources and/or financial assistance.
- United Way of South Central Michigan
- Tri-County on Aging
- City of Lansing Neighborhoods, Art and Citizen Engagement
- City of Lansing Financial Empowerment
- Cristo Rey Community Center
- Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Capital Area Housing Partnership
- Advent House
- Capital Area Community Service
- St. Vincent De Paul Lansing
- Salvation Army Capital Area
- Disability Network Capital Area
Flexible Payment Arrangements
At BWL, we do everything we can to prevent shut-offs from happening, including working with customers to develop flexible payment schedules and connecting them to information and community dollars available.
We're happy to offer flexible payment plans to:
- Customers with low incomes
- Families with active members in the U.S. military
- Senior customers 65 and older
If you're at risk of falling behind on your bills or would like to set up a flexible payment plan, please contact our Customer Service Department at (517) 702-6006. For more information on community resources and dollars available, visit one of our partner websites.
NOTICE: The BWL may use a remote disconnect/reconnect electric meter to interrupt your service for non-payment. Payment on your account constitutes authorization and consent to restore electric service to your premises. The customer assumes all responsibility for any property damages as a result of the restoration of power.