Here is a full list of community partners from the resource fairs. Please reach out directly to them on inquiries for resources and/or financial assistance.
- Capital Area United Way
- Tri-County Office on Aging
- City of Lansing’s Neighborhoods and Citizens Engagement
- City of Lansing Financial Empowerment
- Cristo Rey
- Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Keep Your Home Campaign (Capital Area Housing Partnership & Advent House)
- BWL Hometown Energy Savers
- Capital Area Community Services
- MDHHS Ingham County
- Lansing Capital Area Salvation Army
Flexible Payment Arrangements
At BWL, we do everything we can to prevent shut-offs from happening, including working with customers to develop flexible payment schedules and connecting them to information and community dollars available.
We're happy to offer flexible payment plans to:
- Customers with low incomes
- Families with active members in the U.S. military
- Senior customers 65 and older
If you're at risk of falling behind on your bills or would like to set up a flexible payment plan, please contact our Customer Service Department at (517) 702-6006. For more information on community resources and dollars available, visit one of our partner websites.
NOTICE: The BWL may use a remote disconnect/reconnect electric meter to interrupt your service for non-payment. Payment on your account constitutes authorization and consent to restore electric service to your premises. The customer assumes all responsibility for any property damages as a result of the restoration of power.