Lansing BWL, Community Partners to Hold Community Resource Fair
The Lansing Board of Water & Light (BWL) and more than a dozen nonprofit organizations and community partners will host a Community Resource Fair tomorrow, Tuesday, March 21 from 2-7pm at the Alfreda Schmidt Community Center, 5825 Wise Rd., Lansing. The fair is designed to help connect BWL residential customers and greater Lansing residents behind on their bills to information on resources and financial assistance per available funding and eligibility.
This will be the fourth resource event that has now helped an estimated 2,000 BWL customers catch up on approximately $2.6 million in past due utility bills. The fairs are free and open to the public with no pre-registration necessary.
A full list of community partners include:
- BWL Customer Service
- BWL Hometown Energy Savers
- City of Lansing Financial Empowerment
- Capital Area Community Services
- Capital Are Housing Partnership
- City of Lansing Department of Neighborhoods & Citizen Engagement
- City of Lansing Department of Economic Development & Planning
- Cristo Rey Community Center
- Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Holt Kids
- Ingham County Treasurer’s Office
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
- MDHHS Division of Environmental Health
- Nation Outside
- Secretary of State Mobile Office
- St. Vincent De Paul
- Tri-County Office on Aging
- United Way of South Central Michigan
BWL electric utility shut-offs due to non-pay will resume on Monday, April 17. For more information about what assistance is available, visit www.lbwl.com/shutoffprotection.